We provide a comprehensive ophthalmology service with expertise in areas such as:
• Cataract surgery (private and public options)
• Eyelid surgery such as blepharoplasty, ectropion/entropion repair, ptosis surgery, eyelid skin cancer excision and reconstruction
• Injections for retinal diseases eg macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, vein occlusion
• Retinal surgery eg retinal detachment repair, macula hole surgery, diabetic delamination, retinal haemorrhage, vitrectomy for epiretinal membrane
• Eye lasers eg post-cataract laser, glaucoma laser, retinal lasers
• Glaucoma eg laser, iStent drainage procedure
• Diabetic eye disease management
• Lacrimal (watery eye) surgery
• Refractive lens exchange
At Pakenham Eye Clinic, we have carefully designed the practice and selected leading ophthalmic equipment to maximise clinical outcome and the overall clinic experience for our patients. We have the latest in equipment such as:
- Zeiss IOLMaster 700
This device is the most up-to-date device for pre-op cataract surgery assessment.
- Zeiss OCT
The latest Zeiss high resolution OCT scans facilitate early detection of disease, such as glaucoma and retinal diseases, and monitoring response to treatment.
- Ellex YAG and SLT lasers
Ellex is a proudly Australian owned company producing ophthalmic lasers of unrivalled quality. These lasers allow us to perform quick and highly accurate SLT and YAG procedures.
- Humphrey visual field analyser, including Esterman binocular visual fields
- Latest diagnostic software
Our clinic has invested in software infrastructure, Zeiss FORUM, allowing all of our equipment to instantly communicate with one another. This greatly simplifies analysis of scans and significantly enhances overall clinical workflow. All part of our commitment to ensuring best clinical practice and enhancing the clinic experience for patients.
- Leading examination equipment
Our clinic has been ergonomically designed for maximum patient and doctor comfort, particularly during difficult eye procedures like intravitreal injections. Our equipment also allows for wheelchair bound patients to be examined comfortably and accurately.